We will consider requests for a reservation of a particular plot on our site, but will only grant such requests in exceptional cases. Please note the following points:
- Reservations will not be permitted for the burial of ashes.
- The site owner will judge whether or not a request for a reservation of a particular plot can be accepted, and will use his/her sole discretion in deciding whether to allow a reservation to be made. Examples of valid reasons for reserving a particular plot include:
- wanting to be buried next to a loved one, already buried at the site
- being close to death and having a need to know your final resting place
- Given the relatively small size of the site, we regret that we will be unable to hold reservations indefinitely. Each reservation will be subject to a term of 12 years, unless otherwise agreed.
- The term of a reservation may be extended for a further period, free of charge, in consultation with the site owner. Such discussions should take place no earlier than 12 months before the end of the term of the reservation. Multiple extensions of the term will be permitted in appropriate circumstances. We will consider a request for an extension of the term of a plot reservation sympathetically, but reserve the right to refuse such requests at our sole discretion.
- If a reserved plot has not been used, or the reservation has not been extended, before the end of the agreed term the reservation will expire and the plot may be used for another burial. No refund will be paid. We may attempt to contact the person who made and paid for the reservation shortly before a reservation expires, but cannot guarantee that we will do so.
- Reservations may be cancelled at any time by the person making the reservation, before the expiry of the agreed term, but are subject to a cancellation fee based on the time that has elapsed since making the reservation. Please see our Cancellation Policy for more details.
- The site owner’s decision to refuse any request for a reservation or an extension of a previous reservation will be final.
- Reservations are made for a particular person and are not transferrable.