In the heart of the Wychwoods
Fairspear Natural Burial Ground is a place where people of all faiths and beliefs are welcome.
A one-acre natural burial site set within a 7½ acre field on the edge of the Cotswolds in a stunning location overlooking rolling countryside.
The location is ideal for those looking for a peaceful and environmentally friendly resting-place where D.I.Y. Funerals, as well as those organised by Funeral Directors, are both accepted. Increasingly popular Humanist Ceremonies are very welcome too.
In keeping with our ethos and the Association of Natural Burial Grounds (ANBG) code of practice, all types of biodegradable coffin are welcomed and we can advise on most types of coffins and cremation caskets and urns available. You will be able to identify your loved ones final place of rest with a tasteful wooden plaque placed on, or by the grave.
A view from the site
- Our natural burial ground was planted with young trees in 2000. Indigenous trees may be planted but, wild bulbs, wild flowers and shrubs would be a preferred option.
- This natural burial site is steadily maturing into a place of exceptional natural beauty and serenity overlooking the tranquil, rural valley with its westerly views towards the pretty villages of Shipton - under - Wychwood and The Rissingtons in the distance beyond.
- Plots including a tree, bulbs, etc. from £525.00
- Digging of graves from £260.00
- Interment of ashes including digging from £350.00
Visits by appointment are always welcome
(click here for more photos of the site)
(click here for some example testimonials)
Fairspear Natural Burial Ground is a member of
The Association of Natural Burial Grounds
The burial site is in Leafield within easy reach of Abingdon, Ascott-under-Wychwood, Asthall, Aylesbury, Banbury, Bicester, Bourton-on-the-Water, Brize Norton, Burford, Carterton, Charlbury, Cheltenham, Cirencester, Chipping Norton, Crawley, Fairford, Farringdon, Finstock, Hailey, Lechlade, Milton-under-Wychwood, Oxford, Shipton-under-Wychwood, Stow on The Wold, Swindon, Wallingford, and Witney and the counties of Oxfordshire and Gloucestershire.
Natural burial is also known as woodland burial, burial on private land, diy funeral, eco burial, eco friendly burial, garden burial, green burial, and green funeral.
(c) Helen Pearson 2009 - 2015. All rights reserved.